THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, THAT ARE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN SUCH PROVINCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THIS CONTEST WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN.
ADL 75th: MADE FOR MEMORIES CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. The ADL 75th: Made for Memories Contest (“Contest”) sponsored by Beam Canada Inc. (“Sponsor”) begins on August 1, 2021 and ends on October 17, 2021 (“Contest Period”) by which time all entries must be received.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is only open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, that are over the legal drinking age in their Province at the time of entry, except for the following individuals who are excluded from participation in the Contest: (i) employees, directors, officers and agents of, Sponsor, its parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, liquor licensees, and Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies involved in the Contest; (ii) any independent judges involved in the Contest; and (iii) members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, and each of their respective spouses) or persons with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not). This Contest is void in Quebec, outside Canada and where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter:
To Enter On-Line: Beginning 12:00 p.m. ET on August 1, 2021, access https://www.ADL75.ca and complete all required information on the Contest entry page and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your entry. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address (the “Entrant”). All on-line entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 17, 2021.
Entry via Instagram: Beginning 12:01 a.m. ET on August 1, 2021, Entrants must a) Log into their Instagram account; b) Upload a photo of their ADL collectible mug; and c) Tag @albertadistillers and along with the hashtag #ADL75 to receive one (1) entry into the Contest (“Entry”). You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow @albertadistillers on Instagram in order to enter the Contest via Instagram. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
By submitting an Entry, you grant Sponsor the right to display your name and the name of your account on social media, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, and on the Alberta Distillers website (https://www.albertadistillers.com) and the ADL 75th Anniversary website (https://www.ADL75.ca), without limit. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the social media account used to submit an entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
NOTE ABOUT MOBILE DATA AND MESSAGING CHARGES: When you participate in the Contest via a mobile device and/or download or transmit data via your mobile device, data and messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
4. Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (iii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (iv) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of prizes or prize winners; (vi) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (vii) cheating or fraud by any Entrant.
All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Further Entry Conditions: Limit one (1) entry per person/household per day. If more than one (1) entry is received per person/household per day, per entry method, by any means including, but not limited to, establishing multiple e-mail accounts or cell phone numbers, all such entries, and the person/household that submitted them, will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering, entrants acknowledge their compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions.
All Contest Entries including the post copy and image submitted become the property of Sponsor. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Contest Entry, or Entrant’s name, signature, voice, likeness, photograph, and any statements regarding this Contest in any way, in commerce and in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the Entrant.
Contest Entries must be the original work of the Entrant, must not infringe third-party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trade secret rights, rights of publicity, trademark rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., not obscene or indecent in the opinion of the Sponsor, further conditions below). Entrant shall have no right to inspect or approve any subsequent use of the Entry by Sponsor in connection with the Contest. Submission of a Contest Entry constitutes the Entrant’s irrevocable waiver of any and all claims Entrant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction with respect to the Contest or Sponsor’s use of the Entry. Submission of a Contest Entry further constitutes Entrant’s representation and warranty that Entrant has the full right and authority to submit a Contest Entry and is not prohibited from submitting an Entry by court order, employment agreement/policy, or any other third-party agreement.
All Entry submissions must comply with the following requirements:
Content Requirements: All Entrants must use caution and common sense in creating their Entry.
The Entry must be suitable for publication and compliant with the following content requirements in the sole opinion of the Sponsor:
THE ENTRY WILL BE RETAINED BY SPONSOR AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED. ENTRANTS WILL RECEIVE NO PAYMENT, ROYALTY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR THE USE OF THE ENTRY, EXCEPT FOR THE ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER. ALL ENTRANTS GRANT TO SPONSOR AND THE CONTEST ENTITIES THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO COPYRIGHT, USE, PUBLISH, DISPLAY, BROADCAST, EDIT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE AND DISTRIBUTE THE ENTRY. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, IRREVOCABLE, UNCONDITIONAL, UNRESTRICTED, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO USE THE ENTRY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN ANY MEDIUM NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED INCLUDING, BUT NO LIMITED TO, ANY PRINT OR ELECTRONIC MEDIUM, VIDEO, BORADCAST, AND/OR ON THE INTERNET.
6. Drawing/Odds of Winning Grand Prize: Winners will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The drawing will be conducted on or about November 15, 2021 by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. To be declared the Winner of the Contest, the selected entrant must have correctly answered, without mechanical or other assistance, the mathematical skill-testing question printed on the Declaration and Release Form. Failure to correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, the mathematical skill testing question will result in disqualification of the entrant and forfeiture of the prize. Potential winner(s) will be notified by phone, mail or e-mail by or about November 15, 2021. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
7. Grand Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a four (4) day/ three (3) night trip for each winner and one (1) guest to a location to the Canadian City of Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary. Trip includes round-trip coach class airfare for each winner and one (1) guest from the major commercial airport nearest the winner’s residence to the Canadian Province of Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary, one (1) double-occupancy hotel accommodations for winner and guest for three (3) nights’ accommodations in the Canadian Province of Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary and ground transportation between airport and hotel.
If winner resides within two hundred (200) miles of the Canadian City of Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary, a rental car will be provided (subject to all terms, conditions and policies of the rental agency) in lieu of air transportation. The difference in value will not be awarded.
GRAND PRIZE MUST BE FULFILLED BETWEEN MAY 1, 2022 AND AUGUST 31, 2022. IF WINNER IS UNABLE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE WITHIN THE TIMELINE SPECIFIED, THE WINNER SHALL FORFEIT THE PRIZE IN ITS ENTIRETY AND AN ALTERNATE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED, TIME PERMITTING, BASED ON THE CRITERIA DESCRIBED ABOVE IN RULE 6.
Sponsor is not responsible for any circumstances that make it impractical or impossible to fulfill all elements of the Grand Prize; Sponsor's only obligation will be to provide the remaining elements, if any, of the prize. Total Approximate Retail Value (“A.R.V”) of the Grand Prize: Ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00 CAD).
The ARV of all available prizes is Ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00 CAD). Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded in any form. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor may substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. All income taxes on prizes are the winner’s sole responsibility. Dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency.
Actual value may vary based on point of origination, airfare fluctuations and final trip details. Meals, gratuities, ground transportation, and all other expenses not specified herein are the winner’s responsibility. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary and must depart from and return to the same airport. The trip must be taken on the dates specified above; however, specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to availability and some restrictions. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Prize winner is responsible for securing all necessary travel prerequisites, including identification. Prize winner and guests may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in to cover, among other things, incidentals and other expenses incurred that are not included as part of the prize. If winner is unable to complete the trip on the dates specified, the winner shall forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate
.winner will be selected, time permitting, in accordance with Rule 6 above. By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, the prize winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any promotion activity, including use of the prize. Prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the prize winner and/or his/her guest(s) from any activity at any time if the prize winner and/or his/her guest(s) behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers.
The prizes will be awarded according to these Official Rules, provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received and the prizes are claimed in accordance with these Official Rules, and distributed no later than August 31, 2022.
8. Verification Grand Prize Claim: Potential Winner must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim or participate in a prize and be official Winner. Winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release form, properly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and may be required to sign additional documents without additional compensation (where permitted by law), within ten (10) business days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Winner will be required to obtain signed Declaration and Release from the Guests and submit these forms to Sponsor no less than ten (10) days prior to the awarding of the prize. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, including but not limited to not receiving a signed Declaration and Release form from the Guests, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Sponsor’s decisions will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to this Contest.
9. Rights: By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Provincial Liquor Boards/Branches, independent judges, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto.
By accepting a prize, Winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of his/her prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods, (as applicable) and/or their respective affiliates. Furthermore, Winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Sponsor is not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. Consent to Publicity: By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, entrants and guests consent to the collection, use, storage and distribution of their personal information, including, without limitation, their name, address, telephone number and age by Sponsor in reference to: i) all matters related to this Contest; ii) in any publicity carried out by Sponsor without additional notice compensation; and iii) future brand-related communications should entrants opt to receive such communications. Such information is stored for only so long as required to complete the purpose for which it was collected. An entrant’s personal information shall not be provided to any third party by Sponsor without the entrant’s consent, except for the purposes of executing and administering this Contest and the prizes. If an entrant would like that personal information removed from Sponsor’s database at the conclusion of the Contest, send this request in writing to ADL 75th” MADE FOR MEMORIES Contest, Beam Suntory Canada, 3280 Bloor St W #510, Etobicoke, ON M8X 2X3 no later than October 17, 2021.
11. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws of Canada applicable therein. Sponsor reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Contest, including without limitation barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules. This Contest is void in Quebec, outside Canada and where prohibited by law.
12. For a list of the major prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope after November 30, 2021 and no later than December 31, 2021 to: Winners List Request, ADL 75th: MADE FOR MEMORIES Contest, Beam Suntory Canada, 3280 Bloor St W #510, Etobicoke, ON M8X 2X3
13. Sponsor: Beam Suntory Canada, 3280 Bloor St W #510, Etobicoke, ON M8X 2X3
14. The Provincial Liquor Boards/Agencies/Retailers are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this contest.
© Beam Suntory Inc. Chicago, IL